- CI Builds
- Code stability builds are not in place
- Code quality builds are not in place
- Code deployment builds for non-prod environments not in place
- A lot of manual steps in prod deployments
- All the projects are performance critical so builds to do profiling of projects
- Database updates is manual at all the stages of deployment
- Automated smoke testing of all the applications
- Integration of bug tracking system with version control system
- A release server needs to be set-upped so that release can be managed properly
- No documentation at all :)
- Version Control System : We are using git as version control system
- Branching strategy has some flaws as a result of which merging takes a lot of time
- We don't have a GUI to manage git server
Friday, September 28, 2012
Build & Release Challenges : Problems
So here is the consolidated list of the problems that current system have, I've categorized all the issues in different categories so that they can be managed properly
When docker came to market as a virtualization tool, it blew the market out of proportion. With its lightweight images, multi-os suppor...
Recently I was asked to set up a CI- Pipeline for a Spring based application. I said "piece of cake", as I have already w...
Introduction As a DevOps I need a smooth way to release the java application, so I compared two maven plugin that are used to release th...
This blog talks about the two possible ways of hosting your infrastructure in Cloud, though it will be more close to hosting on AWS as it ...