At Opstree we have started a new initiative called SHOA, Saturday Hands On Activity. Under this program we pick up a concept, tool or technology and do a hands on activity. At the end of the day whatever we do is followed by a blog or series of blog that we have understood during the day.
Since this is the first Hands On Activity so we are starting with Build & Release.
What we intend to do
Setup Build & Release for project under git repository https://github.com/OpsTree/ContinuousIntegration.
What all we will be doing to achieve it
- Finalize a SCM tool that we are going to use puppet/chef/ansible.
- Automated setup of Jenkins using SCM tool.
- Automated setup of Nexus/Artifactory/Archiva using SCM tool.
- Automated setup of Sonar using SCM tool.
- Dev Environment setup using SCM tool: Since this is a web app project so our Devw443 environment will have Nginx & tomcat.
- QA Environment setup using SCM tool: Since this is a web app project so our QA environment will have Nginx & tomcat.
- Creation of various build jobs
- Code Stability Job.
- Code Quality Job.
- Code Coverage Job.
- Functional Test Job on dev environment.
- Creation of release Job.
- Creation of deployment job to do deployment on Dev & QA environment.
This activity is open for public as well so if you have any suggestion or you want to attend it you are most welcome
3 thoughts on “Opstree SHOA Part 1: Build & Release”
Great initiative, feeling proud being part of it.
would love to see the implementation of this
@Sahil sure infact this activity is open for public as well so if you like you can also join us on saturday's.