Read here to know which process should your team choose for a smooth and quick product release.
What is Canary Deployment?
Canary deployment is a technique to reduce the risk of updating software or introducing new changes in the production environment by slowly rolling out the change to a small subset of users before making the software functional for everyone.
Canary deployments provide the following benefits to businesses.
- Allows enterprises to test in production with real users and use cases.
- Enables comparison of different service versions side by side.
- Cheaper than blue-green deployments because it does not require two production environments.
- DevOps team can rapidly and safely trigger a rollback to a previous version of an application.
- Scripting a canary release can be complex as manual verification or testing can sometimes become time-consuming.
- Monitoring and instrumentation for testing in production may involve exhaustive research and additional skills & knowledge.